Wednesday 6 April 2016

A long overdue update!

This blog has been sorely neglected for a long time now. Most of that is due to a house fire which happened shortly after my last blog post, in which my guitars got damaged beyond repair along with a lot of other things (but luckily no one were hurt, so the only things lost were just that; things). The following year was spent recovering, rebuilding and finding a new place to live. All in all both me and my husband have come back from it on top with tremendous help from family and friends.

But enough about that! I've not been completely idle! There are quite a few new songs up on my Soundcloud account and even some new videos on YouTube. I'm currently also working on a new song now, but it's taking a bit of time as I have lost most of my voice after attending HobbitCon 4 in Bonn, Germany, where I was given the privilege of performing "In the Halls of Our Fathers" during the Opening Ceremony. This was such a wonderful experience! Particularly because a friend of mine, unbeknownst to me, had organised a little stunt for me, asking people to light the flashlights of their mobiles during my performance, so that as I was singing, one light after another popped up until it looked like stars reflected in a moving ocean!

I've got a few pictures some of my friends were kind enough to take
Photo by Unconventional

Photo by Petra Beuving

Photo by Petra Beuving

Photo by Petra Beuving

Photo by Petra Beuving

No comments:

Post a Comment